Help: ASUS P4P800 ... missing sound driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey,
im sorry such late reply well i accidentally deleted my Soundmax file and i have a P4P800 Asus Motherboard, Windows XP ... ive tried the 9 step thing that was posted in earlier threads all was well till i was to open a file at the end where it automatically downloaded all these soundmax files but it doesnt automatically download anything ... and i click the setup.exe and it says it cannot find a driver. i still currently have the soundmax AD 1985 the one from the previous 9 step fix , file only not installed
PLEASE HELP ME !
IM IN TOTAL DESPERATION!
please if you have soulutions post in this tread
or do not hesitate to
email me
filo_guy03@hotmail.com
I AM UTTERLY DESPERATE to get this
fixed

Use this url - enter motherboard, 478, P4P800 (provided you have that basic model) and then click audio and select the RIGHT drivers file and download it.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

This is how I recommend you get set up:

To install drivers from the internet:

go into Windows Explorer, left click on Desktop, then File, then New and then Folder - name the folder XXXDrivers (where XXX = type, eg, AudioDrivers)

go to the site for your driver, find the RIGHT one for your mobo and OS,(click on the nearest site to you if appropriate) and then download button - when asked where to 'save' the download specify your desktop folder XXXDrivers and wait until the download is complete.

Once it is done, clear your screen and click on the desktop folder and then on the file inside - if it is a zip or rar file it will need to be unzipped or unpacked - make sure if you are asked to specify where to unzip/unpack to tell it to do so to the XXXDrivers folder.

Once you are done that, uninstall the old drivers for the device and then select the device and specify update drivers and direct the search to the folder you made (don't let Windows do it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back