Help: Broken wireless port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here. I've been reading the posts and it seems like you might be able to help me out. I recently did a lot of travelling with my laptop and when I arrived home, I noticed that the wireless card was not working. I think I may have forgotten to take it out at some point while travelling and don't really know if it is the card or the port that is broken...but probably the port because when I removen the card a little piece of plastic from the port fell out. (You can tell I don't know much about computers! :) My laptop is past warranty and I am on a tight student budget so I don't think I can afford to get it fixed right now. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to get wireless back in my life?!

Any help would be much appreciated.

monami

If the port is broken then you would be best to buy a usb wireless adapter. This will just plug into a usb port on your laptop like a usb storage drive would do.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response. That sounds like a good plan. Can you recoomend any good ones that are reasonably priced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back