Help computer shows blue screen and reboots after playing any video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi whenever i try to play any video or so the computer reboots and shows blue screen saying "STOP 0x0000008E (0XCOOOOOO5,0X0000000F,0XABC7797C,0X00000000)" I tried updating drivers. B4 the problem of video playing was just that whenever i start to play a video it just get paused and never plays ahead but i can still move the slide bar and it shows the video. But now the problem is more intense so please help! i have nothing newly installed in my CPU expect another sound card as the one b4 stopped working. It wont give any sound out of any thing so. But another thing when i installed a new sound card... It didnt work too :<. I ordered another one now.
I have, Intel(R)
Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80 GHz
2.80 GHz, 1.37 GB of RAM
Video card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200
Windows xp

By the way this problem started after installing that new sound card, in try of repairing windows i did dual boot problem of windows xp in same disk (tho its fixed), cleaning inside of CPU with blower.

The blue screen of death is caused by registry errors. When I was getting them on a brand new computer, I downloaded a registry edit/repair program. (I think it was called RegEdit and it costed about 20 bucks) I installed it, ran it, it fixed errors in my registry, and havent gotten the blue screen of death since. I would start by doing this AND THEN update your graphics card driver. Cuz you may get the screen while trying to update your gfx driver if u do it before regedit.

do that and post your results. good luck.

Guys... Guys... I m not a dumbo that i wont see for registry errors and that graphic card old or w/e idc cause 2-3 weeks back and so on it would play all videos.... And Anyways thanks for sharing info (well no surprise there aren't any new answer than whats on other forums) i solved the problem. The first blue screen problem got solved either by installing ATI new updates for driver or something or inserting WinXP SP2 into the PC and opening "Run" command. Entering in it chkdsk /f and then chkdsk scanned on next reboot and fixed something looked a word saying (MDI). Anyways the other thing about getting video played was solved my removing that sound card i installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back