Help...Internet connection doesnt work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My internet connection was working fine with windows xp but after the installation of mandrake linux 9.1 i can't connect to the internet with windows.
I formatted my hard disk and i installed windows xp again.... but this didnt solve my problem. Please help.

Could it be a problem with your NIC? Make sure it is still properly seated in the PCi slot (when the power is off). It would probably be best to reseat it anyway.
Is it possible that ICS (internet connection sharing) could have been turned on somehow in XP?

BTW :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Is your modem showing up in hardware devices without any conflicts ?. Does it pass the diagnostics in modem properties ?

have you tried to create a new account using icw?

Just a few ideas :)

In the network and Dial-up Connections folder, right-click the LAN connection and click properties. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click properties.
Select Obtain an IP Address automatically and obtain DNS-server address automatically.
Click OK till back in network folder and close it.

Now rightclick Internet Explorer on your desktop, select properties/connections tab.
Select Never dial a connection, then click LAN Settings, in there clear all check boxes.

In the WAN-part of your router, enter the IP-address and DNS-servers that you received from your ISP.
Enable DHCP in the LAN-part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back