help internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

etones

i was just downloading software on my compaq and a message came up it said - a hacker is trying to disable your security, your windows security center has blocked would-be hackers by locking down your computer from outside Internet attacks. You should verify that your system is clean of any viruses or Trojans before restoring Internet access. Check with your antivirus support site for help and special tools to remove viruses.

i have done a virus and spyware scan but didnt find any and the internet still wont work

Did you update them both before scanning? Try that, if not, take a look at RBS' post about the cool websearch. If htat doesn't help, then try replacing the PSU...(that seems to be the end all solution around here)...(BTW don't try that, as it won't get you anywhere)...

GIve me a break it's my bday..
Anyway, i fyou cna remember anything you did to causet his, it would be helpful.

poertner_1274 said:
Did you update them both before scanning? Try that, if not, take a look at RBS' post about the cool websearch. If htat doesn't help, then try replacing the PSU...(that seems to be the end all solution around here)...(BTW don't try that, as it won't get you anywhere)...

GIve me a break it's my bday..
Anyway, i fyou cna remember anything you did to causet his, it would be helpful.

I'm sorry, I thought this was a post about the internet being disabled??? How is he going to update virus def's without internet access? Also how would replacing a PSU effect the internet and clear out viruses?? Do me a favour and learn how to spell... this is a forum not a chat room so you can spell "properly" without having to rush.

Sounds like maybe the Windows Firewall put itself into lockdown.

Try disabling the Windows Firewall (you can do it through the Windows security center) and then do an online scan like housecall.trendmicro.com.

To run the housecall scan you need to use IE (shudder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back