help me please connecting my pc to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmm,i have like 2 pcs,one is located so far away and almost always switched on with a permanant coneection to the internet through a lan card (adsl 512kb)
and the other one which has only a modem ,what am lookin for is to connect my pc (the one with the modem) to the other one ,have tried the remote access desktop thing as am using winXp on both of them but it was deadly slow ..
got to access it through creatin kind of dial up connection but have got only to login in with no ability to access any kind of interent resource...
hope ur gonna help me and thanks in advacne

For what purpose do you want to connect the computers? Do you want to have access to the other machine, do you want to share the DSL connection? What operating systems have you got installed there?

well its all about having an access to the interent

have windows xp sp2 installed on both machines and what i need is to have an interent connection on the other machine which has nothing but a modem,
sharing the dsl conenction which is a lan connection looks like unknown and never tried to share when it comes to be like am kind of far away and dont have but a phone line to use!

Connections

I just connected the two PC's in house one on main floor and one in basement. Both have winxp. I used a router (D-Link) and 50 feet of cable that I ran through the register and over the frame work. My modem is on the upstairs compute. Instruction were eady to follw and only took about 1/2 hour to have both hooked to internet. Hope this helps. :)

How far is far away? A pair of ethernet cards and <100m of ethernet cable is not a big investment to make. And if it is more than 100m, then the only affordable options would be another DSL connection or some sort of a long range wireless.

mmmmmm

its more than 100m and itll cost me alot to have a wireless connection to or even to have a dsl line ,the key is that i wanna make use of the dsl line while am home,to be able to browse the internet without the needs to connect to the isp directly though my modem, what i want is to connect to my pc placed at my office through the modem i have in my home pc ,got to be connected to but the problem was that i couldnt have the internet like provided for some reason ..
------------
again i have one pc at home with a dial up connection,and one at work which has both dial up modem and lan card attached to some adsl router
thanks for your patience and for your last and upcoming answers :)

You could try a program called Pc Anywhere. I'm fairly sure that will do what you are asking and alot more that you may not have thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back