Help me to build new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I would like to assemble new intel PC for browsing, viewing movies & little gaming, reading Ebooks. Price should be moderate. Please help.

I am in thought of go for Core 2 Duo, I need suggetion for Processor model, Mother model, Ram size & model(DDR2/DDR3), HDD model & brand.

Hello
Can you please also let us know what is your estimated budget for this build? Also as Core 2 Duo is almost at EOL, I would suggest considering an Core i5 solution instead or perhaps going to AMD as well. However, I would rather wait for your answer on my question before posting complete system suggestions. Regards

Can you please tell us your budget: I can try buıldıng one for you ıf you can gıve a number
BTW here's a cheap build:
AMD Athlon II X4 620 or AMD Athlon II X4 630 (cheap quads, but for what you want to do it's more than enough)
a cheap am3 motherboard (avoid nvidia chipsets + must have ddr3 support - you can find one at under 75$ - asus/msi/asrock/gigabyte)
4GB DDR3 Kingmax Hyperx 1333/1600MHz (no less than 4GB)
Radeon HD 4870 / Nvidia GTX 260 /Radeon HD 4850 (in this order)
Samsung Syncmaster 2333sw 23" monitor (if you want one then you should always buy a good monitor)

Not bad at all Puiu :)

However, if you are going to suggest 4850 ..... I guess in comparison to that 5770 is better option.

Anyway, still awaiting his reply on the burning question of budget ;)

Hi cyberkingjk. What do you mean by "little gaming"? It would be helpful if you could specify what games you're considering to play and at what settings.

I wonder if we could use TS's buying guide as starting point in this regard?

However, if he can recycle some parts (e.g. monitor/kb etc.) it may save some more money for the system.

TS's rig is not exactly game friendly, but it is a good performer with a good CPU, but the GPU is a low end part and even if it does have DX 11 it's of no use if you can't play those games. (for dx11 i won't buy anything lower than a 5770).
If you really want a Intel PC then a Core i3 530 is really good. (keep in mind that it is actually a dual core CPU).
If you already have a monitor, then for about 150-200$ you can find HD5770/HD5750. If you don't care about DX11 then a HD4870 will give you a better bang for the buck.
But it's up to you what you want to buy and i don't know the prices in India so they might be cheaper or more expensive. Good luck.

don't choose core 2 duo,go in for the core i3 at least.getting the core i5 or core i7 is a bit difficult here in India unless you live in Mumbai or Bangalore.
also you could go in for the intel P55 motherboard.
invest in atleast a 500GB HDD.choose the WD Caviar Blue series.
go in for at least 3GB DDR2 ram,ddr3 would be a little expensive.
as for the gpu, ati radeon hd5570 would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back