Help! -- need sound out of my 2nd monitor (TV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, this is my first time on here and I have a little question for anyone that can help. I just set up my new tv as a 2nd monitor to my desktop and it works beautifully -- I have it connected from the graphic card's DVI --> HDMI on the TV. Thing is, since the TV's on the otherside of my room, I'd really like to have the sound come out of my TV when I use my desktop to play a DVD and stuff. I have the red and white audio cables that can work with my sound card but it doesn't seem to match up with the HDMI input. I know it's not the end of the world or anything but any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Is HDMI the only input in your TV?

The red/white RCA connectors are analog and HDMI is digital. Your have to either find an analog input on your TV or a digital output on your sound card.

thanks for the quick reply, and no, its not the only input. it's just that id really prefer to use the digital hdmi input rather than the VGA thats on the back to the TV. so i guess its either use the VGA or get myself a high-end sound card with digital outputs... then again im not seeing any digital sound inputs on the TV, just the red/white that go with the component inputs and the HDMI itself. looks like it's VGA or the highway, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back