Help - not detecting AGP slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmyf

Hi.

After a recent virus extermination (thanks to howard :p)

I decided to use the repair function of windows xp

All went well during the install except it asked for location of AGP drivers?

So here i am, when ever i scroll down the screen flashes.

When i go into hardware profiles my looserish graphics card is not there..

^_^ What could be the cause/fix?

-Timmy

This happens frequently.

Your AGP drivers actually don't have much to do with your graphics drivers. Instead, they are part of your platform (chipset) drivers which often include USB, PCI, IDE etc....

First, you need to determine what platform drivers you need. nVidia, Intel, VIA, SiS, ALI (Acer labs) etc... If you know the model of your system board, you can look it up and find out what chipset it has.

If your computer is a name brand like Dell or Compaq, you can download the appropriate platform drivers by looking up your model number on the manufacturer's website.

Thats right

Rick said:
This happens frequently.

Your AGP drivers actually don't have much to do with your graphics drivers. Instead, they are part of your platform (chipset) drivers which often include USB, PCI, IDE etc....

First, you need to determine what platform drivers you need. nVidia, Intel, VIA, SiS, ALI (Acer labs) etc... If you know the model of your system board, you can look it up and find out what chipset it has.

If your computer is a name brand like Dell or Compaq, you can download the appropriate platform drivers by looking up your model number on the manufacturer's website.

Mine where on the mbd cd.Theres also other things to install when you
get to Windows.
I can't stress this enough and get believed.
You need a motherboard manual and cd if you have a computer.
Those that do,read the chapter on Support CD.
Even if you buy one completely installed,there might come a day when you
have to reinstall Windows.But Dell and the rest keep selling them.:(

Hey guys, i have the MOBO cd right here

(I built it lol)

So i just stick it in ..? Does the boot order need to be changed

go to windows select my computer - add new hardware. When it asks for the source, select your CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back