HELP! SIMS2 CANT FIND DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS ADAPTERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i installed the sims2 no problem, but when i try to open the game this message comes up:
"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer..."

I have DirectX 9.0c installed on my computer, as well as Windows XP Service Pack 2. I am on a 2005 toshiba tecra laptop. i noticed that soooo many *angry* people have had this problem yet there is no solution (believe me, i have tried all of them that are posted on random boards) here are my system specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
DxDiag Notes: Display Tab 1: No problems found. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200 TE 64M / 6600 TE 128M
Chip type: GeForce Go 6600 TE/6200 TE
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

so i am not sure what is wrong. help would be appreciated immensely!
(if the answer is that my card isn't compatable, please tell me what card i should get, where i can get it, and where i can get it at the BEST price! if you can)

happy holidays! thanks for listening!

The Sims 2 has fairly high DirectX 9.0c requirements hence why so many people are confused. You need more than just DirectX 9.0c installed- you must also have a 3d card that supports the minimum levels of DirectX 9.0 acceleration/features used by the game.

The Sims2 absolutely requires:
- HW Acceleration
- HW T&L (Transform & Lighting)

If you have old, obsolete drivers for your 6200, this can cause it to misreport it's features. More likely though is the "TE" version of the card may be a stripped down version of the 6-series, stripping out T&L and other hardware requirements for the game.

Hit this link here:
http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

Select "The Sims 2" and try both the minimum AND recommended. See what flags this test seems to feel you miss. From there, it may simply be you are unable to play it.. especially if you have updated your drivers from NVIDIA's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back