Help Think I killed Friends Brand New AMD MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright this is the situation I have built quite a few PCS over the years. So all my friends come to me for there build jobs not a problem like that. A friend came to me to build him one got him the latest greats parts. AMD Athlon 64 3500 CPU ASUS A8V Deluxe mobo 512 DDR 400 RAM 128 MB NVIDIA videoard. 120 GB HDD. Now heres the problem never built a computer using the 64 bit processor using a 939 socket interface. So before I did anything hoped on the interent and read a howto on it not to bad from previous builds. SO hooked everything up and ran it. First boot lady came on saying CPU failure and monitor screen stayed black whole time. So start reading the net and read a bios upgrade might do the trick so I cleared out the CMOS by the jumpers and removing battery for 30 minutes and got my bios update ready. Heres the problem stupid PC wont boot now. Only thing it does is show the light on in the corner of the mobo thats it. Havent even had the chance to break anything. What should I do? Currently have the PC with battery out and going to leave it like that all night hoping for some small miracle from the PC gods. Is the motherboard dead or what havent did anything else. It has a brand new quick connect modular power supply 400 watts also

what brand/model of power supply do you have? 400 watts isn't a whole lot of juice these days either. you need to aceratin whether you motherboard (by it's revision and bios version) supports the cpu you hooked up to it (considering the core type). this can be done on the asus website via a cpu support chart.

That CPU might have a 90nm Winchester core or newer, and the BIOS may need to be updated first. Either swap the mobo for one with the latest BIOS-version or look for a new BIOS-chip.
Try the CPU in another PC if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back