Help! Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I don't know much about computers but I think I may have a virus or something because my web browser won't let me visit certain anti-virus sites. I read another post that mentioned downloading The Hijack This program. So I did that and ran it but I don't know how to interpret the log file to figure out which files could be potentiallt harmful ones. Any Help?? Log File is attached!

Please visit our malware removal sticky and follow the instructions there thanks.

I'm no expert here, but I did recently experience the same symptom of no tbeing able to access certain security sites for download. I was able to get all of the required software through download.com. If I were you I would follow the 8 step process outlined here.(using download.com to get required software), It worked for me.

Presently, your computer is over-protected.

Un-install one of the AV programs:
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe

I would uninstall the last one installed, if you can identify it.

Disable TeaTimer - resident program under SpyBot S&D controllable from advance mode
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe

HJT Fix-Check the following unknown startup application:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Java Update] C:\Documents and Settings\Chad\Local Settings\Application Data\JavaRuntime.00.exe

MBAM is key to removing malware. At first glance, HJT log did not present probable sources for URL blocking/re-direction.

WormRadar is part of AVG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back