Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc). If a kernel debugger is
available get the stack trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000008f, The free or zeroed page listhead is corrupt
Arg2: 0000c09f, new page
Arg3: ffffffff, old page
Arg4: 00000000, 0

I've got an Intel P4 Prescott. I have an aftermarket heatsink and fan rated for the prescott. An ASUS P4P800SE. American Megatrends bios ver. 080009. I had 4 256mb sticks of DDR. I thought it may have been a bad stick of RAM (although i ran memtest86 for 13 passes and got no errors) so i replaced it with 1 1gb stick of DDR. I had a NIC that was kinda acting up, sporadically would stop working, so i've replaced that. I've formatted and reinstalled a few times now. This is a fresh install of WinXP Pro sp3. Let me know if you guys need anymore information. Any help you can give me would be great. Thanks!

This error is a very strong indication that you have corrupted memory. My first suggestion is to run MemTest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes (there are individual tests per Pass). If you have errors then you have memory that must be replaced.

www.memtest.org

well i was getting this error before i bought new memory. I ran memtest 13 passes and got no errors. I have a new stick of ram in now with a heatsink and everything.

0xD1 errors are caused by faulty drivers or buggy software. In your case the driver according to your debug log is nv4_mini.sys which is an Nvidia driver.

Ok i completely removed all of my nvidia drivers and installed the older 78.05 drivers....so far no BSOD. We'll see..thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back