Help with annoying pop up! "New Member"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a note that says,

"Your Computer is infected!" Windows has detected........

it's really annoying and it is is in a red shield next to my time tray. There is a white X in the shield. If I click on it, it downloads the Cleanup Registry and fixes a "few" of the "many" problems unless I pay the cost.

If I pay the huge fee, will it fix it? Or is there another way to get rid of this pop up without starting over from scratch again (which isn't really an option for me, I have a great deal of important stuff on my computer).

I am not extremely computer savvy, but I can find my way around. Some simple instructions/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

here is my log...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a variety of malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of rasbumr only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back