Help with C&C3: Tiberium Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

herringtonjc

I have to run all my gf/x as low as possible to even be decently playable. If I'm on a large map (6+ players) even with the gf/x all the way down, no shadows, none of the flashy specials, I start to get really low FPS rates and choppy play.

Video Card, RAM? What is needing to be upgraded?

I've got 2.5GB DDR RAM and a Nvidia GeForce 6200 video card.

I want to see a bit of flashy game play, as is, I'm lucky I can see the little guys shooting stuff.

Your RAM is fine, it's your Video Card that is the issue. Even though you might meet the game's minimum requirement that card is very low end for today's gaming.

I have a 9600 GT and on the big maps when all kinds of troops are moving I get slow downs (of course I haven't tweaked my vid card yet).

What is your cpu? What make and model is your motherboard?

AMD Sempron 2600+ CPU, not sure on my MOBO... I ran Belarc, and it told me KT600-8237.

Sorry for the late reply, I had a serious error with some HDD drivers, crashing my OS, so I had to tinker with my CMOS a bit.

How old is your PC? I suspect your motherboard can only take AGP video cards and if that is true then you will be limited to what you can upgrade.

Google for a little utility called SIW. It is free and contains no malware. Install and run it. Look for:

Make and model of your motherboard, plus if it has AGP and PCI-e(I doubt it has the latter). Also, let us know with the AGP if it 2x, 4x, 8x or a combination.

* In addition, have you run a full harddrive diagnostics?

I know my Mobo specifications in that field. 8x AGP slot. I found a ATI Radeon X700Pro DDR3 AGP gfx card. Any opinions on this card, as far as compatability, and preformance?
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RX700PROGA-C3&cat=VCD

HDD Diagnostics? I am not sure, I was dealing with BSOD, and then my computer took me to my choice between safe mode and such. I finally fixed my CMOS to where I can use the computer again at the expense of the BSOD. It sort of chooses when it wants to shut down, I saved a screencap of the Error Report with technical information showing. I may make another thread for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back