Help with Java/Virus please, System Process 80%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Before I put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger, I figured I would try this nice looking board to get some help.

Here is the problem:

Whenever I visit a webpage, it takes a long time to load. Looking in my task manager, I notice the actual SYSTEM process is going to about 70%. Also when some virus scans are done on my pc, they hit a pdf file and the same thing happens, only then it's frozen for good. But that pdf file I know is not corrupt, so I'm not sure why it freezes there each time.

I've ran everything you can think of, ComboFix, HJT, WindowsDefender, etc. I've also ran CCLeaner and another program that did the same thing pretty much.

I really think the problem is in the java somewhere, but I'm not sure. I deleted all Java and got the updated Java 3, but that didn't help. I also cleaned out the cache and temp files of IE and Java. Still nothing. But what else would do this to IE and also other programs using pdf and html files?

Last time I ran a complete Windows Defender, it said it took care of the following:

Trojan:JS/Agent.FA - Removed
Program:Win32/TTC - Removed
Trojan:Win32/Virtumonde.gen - Quarentined
Adware:Win32/CMDService - Removed
Trojan:Win32/Virtumonde.M - Removed
Adware:Win32/isearchToolbar - Removed

I know these are removed but that doesn't mean they didn't come back on a restart.

I'm at the end of my rope here, and I really need some help. Could anyone please tell me what I should try? Attached is a HJT Log for the heck of it. Thanks in advance.

Hello, jenny8675309, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, the only bad thing I can see in your log is Norton. You would be best off getting rid of Norton and replacing it with these programs, all of which are free.

Anti virus: AVG or Avast - use only ONE

Anti-spyware: Spybot S&D and Ad-aware - use both

Firewall: Kerio, Comodo or ZoneAlarm - use only ONE
There are multiple version of Zone Alarm, one of which is the free, firewall only version.

Run a scan with AVG Antispyware and upload the log, so I can take a look through it.

This thread is for the use of jenny8675309 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Dave and thanks for your friendly welcome.

I ran AVG and it came back with the attached log.

Please note I HAVE NOT taken any action to the infections it found. I wanted to ask your advice first.

Should I do the recommended action, or set them all to 'delete on reboot'?

Also even though I haven't taken any action, the PC is running much much better right now. :)

You're very welcome ;)

I would recommend quarantining all the results in AVG Antispyware, this way they're effectively deleted.

There's a couple of nasty things in there like Downloader.Agent.buo, Downloader.Small.buy and Trojan.Small which you don't want on your system, really ;)

The ones I mentioned are all in the AVG Antispyware log so if you quarantined everything that it found then they'll be gone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back