Help with Minidump Reading Plz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need someone to please help me with a Minidump reading as i don't know how to go about it (yes i've read http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246 but don't really understand how to make it work) and would like to know what the error i'm getting is. I got a BSOD yesterday while playing Call of Duty 2 and i got another one today while playing the same game, i'm pretty sure it's something to do with an application or vid card error, the event viewer has the same two entries: 0x1000000a (0x9ce66240, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8051ec30) and it said it had made a save dump and pointed me to the Minidump file. It only happens with this game and it started yesterday.

The comp has been tested with Prime Test95 3 weeks ago and doesn't have any faulty RAM or anything else.

My system specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ venice
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe nF4
Kingston VR 2GB
Hardrives Western Digital 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA
nVidia 6800 GT
PSU Enermax 480w

Please help me out with this as i kinow it's something that is messing it up but can't really point it out. Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong section. Thank you ever so much.

Minidump is attached in a zip.

One minidump points to a video driver. Ensure yours are all up to date and your BIOS is also up to date. Before tampering with updating BIOS, you'll need a real floppy drive and check back with us first. If you screw up the BIOS when updating, your computer is a paperweight.
Updating Video drivers is simple - go to the manufacter's website and download the latest version and install.

The other minidump points to corrupted memory. download and run memtest 86+ from a real floppy or bootable CD rom to check your memory. Let it run 7-10 passes. If no errors your memory is ok.

Thank you for the quick reply. If i still get these problems i'll take the comp in to have the BIOS updated as i don't particulary want to tamper with it, as for the drivers i have the latest nVidia Omega Drivers v1.6693 they were installed at the shop that had also run the Prime test 95 on mobo, vid card and memory for 24 hours and everything was ok so they said, this was 3 weeks ago. Anyway thank you for pin pointing the problem if it persists i'll just take it in and tell them what to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back