Help With My Admin Login WIN XP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel64

Hi,
Recently I have a problem with my Admin Pass of my Windows xp professional.
Simply I don't remember my password so I need help:
recovering it (Viewing it or wathever), or putting a new one.
In Safe Mode, I can't neither enter my admin session.
So, please I need Help, it was 2 month ago since I last used my PC... That's Why i don't get in with my Password (remember it).
THANKS

Miguel

If I'm reasing the page and understanding it properly, does this tool not enable you to reset any password for a valid account with a bootable floopy - on any NT system you happen to come accross?

Kinda like using Knoppix to access a system, only more direct and quicker, but without covering your tracks (because of course, the password will be changed).

I can think of many a person who'd use such a tool for practical jokes.

Just suprised MS haven't bought the rights or something. I mean, obviously if anyone can get into a winxp system as an administrator without knowing anything about it (provided that they have physical access), then winXP insecure. I don't know how the program works, but I would also imagine that it's not to big a step from this to being able to do it from within XP, making it more insecure again.

Don't get me wrong, I think this program is great, but I'm just suprised MS have allowed it in a non-support context.

No, please don't assume my remarks to be about YOUR use of the program. It is more than likely quite a safe program to use.

My only concern was in a situation where for example I could downloaded the program and used it on my fathers or friends computer down the road from me to either lock them out by changing their passwords or to gain access to their systems.

Your own personal use of the program is more than likely absolutley fine (I'd say definitely, but I've never used it myself and so can't say for sure)

Changing a password on a Linux machine is even easier... well almost :)

@miguel64: if you want your password to be changed you'll have to take some risks.

A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back