Help with my Asus -- random .exe file problems, blue screens, and odd memory messages

Hey guys! I really hope you can help me. I'm a full-time student with a part-time job that involves a lot of computer work so if anyone could help me fix this myself and avoid sending it in for repairs would be so, so helpful!

I purchased an Asus this past summer and while it's fast and swanky, it's started to stumble on me. After I've had it on for, say, 6 hours (in sleep mode, etc.), .exe files stop working -- I can navigate a webpage that's already up through links, but I can't open new windows. I can't install new programs. When I go to turn it off, I get a message about application 00xc0000022 and memory not being read.

It seems to have gotten worse. A few days ago it bluescreened on me. I can't get Digsby to work anymore.

I'm really worried I'll have to send it in for a costly repair. I can do it, but I'd really like to know if there is something I can do at home. Here are my stats:

Asus Notebook U43 Series
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz 2.67GHz
6 GB (5.80GB usable)
64-bit operating system

Thank you so much!

It is never wise to run 2 antivirus programs at the same time. AVG is rather useless in my opinion but "Threatfire" may do the job for you. Delete AVG and see if the computer behaves better

Yes, free Microsoft Security Essentials. You can get it through Windows Updates. While you are there, make sure you download and install all the Windows Updates you see

Back