Help with PC upgrade

Good day I currently have core 2 quad and gtx 1050ti system that I id like to upgrade. I have already purchased a ryzen 1200 upgrade kit and would like to know how to properly set it up. Please explain how I could go about this upgrade. Thanks

Please provide the upgrade kit you got, mother board, memory, so forth. Also, please provide your case (brand and model number). This will help us help you.

Sorry about that I have a ryzen 1200 quad core biostar a320mh pro and 8gbs ddr4 kingston ram case is dell optiplex 780.
Current setup is core 2quad and windows 7

First, you should back up all your user saved data, like music, pics, text/doc, etc to an external source. Included in this source you should have the network driver for the new motherboard. Also look up your motherboard and grab the latest bios update.
You're simply going to remove your motherboard and everything on it.
Save all the screws and then reuse them for the new biostar motherboard.
Install the motherboard, drop in the cpu, apply thermal paste like Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme Thermal Compound, install the heatsink, install the graphics card, hook up all the cables, fire it up.
Now that you have the new guts installed, boot into the bios, update the bios if what you downloaded is newer. Next you should do a FRESH install of windows. Once installed, drop in your network driver and proceed to use https://sdi-tool.org/download/ in order to update all your chipsets and drivers.
Run any windows updates you might need, install some form of antivirus (usually I just go with microsoft security center since its the least bloated pig on the market).
Antivirus programs usually are just intrusive to everything you do, your real protection comes at the browser level, so install something like ublock and popup blocker
The second chrome extension might seem redundant but for all those pop unders and other things chrome doesn't catch, this murders them all.
for ublock I pretty much go to the options and turn on just about every filter.

This should have you running without excessive overhead from other intrusive antivirus type programs, and keep you far more secure than just running those alone. You'll have a fresh clean install of windows, all of your updated drivers and chipsets, and running like a champ

as for the thermal paste, it's not required, but its far better compound than the stuff you'll get factory on the heatsink (of any company) and is the best I've seen for thermal transfer before going to liquid metal (don't use liquid metal on aluminum bases).

Yes. From what I've seen in pictures online of that system, even the tower variant they have uses non-standard components. You'll need a new case as well as a PSU.

Sadly, Ryzen does not work with windows 7. However, if you've been wanting to get windows 10 anyways, you can activate windows 10 with a Windows 7 key. Just make sure that you have the actual key number, not the one with the OEM in it.

Back