Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey

im new to this site

i have a toshiba laptop satelite, 40gb hd, and upgrade from 256 ram, to add a extra 1 gb. i am running windows xp. yesterday, i turned the computer on, and a blue screen appeared, saying something like memory dump or something, and stuff like i may have installed a new prgram incorrectly or something....please help... i think its something to do with the windows installer file, and i was also in the add/remove programs window the other day, and this program called virus heat was there, so i removed it, and this blue window has apperaed since then!help :(

cheers...

Tell us in more specific detail. Model number and how old.
Did you install the memory in two modules of 512 each? Are you certain you installed the correct modules for that unit, and that they were handled with extreme care to prevent static electricity damage to the modules?
First, try one module at a time, booting with only one memory module installed. Be certain each module is reseated carefully but firmly, while using rubber or plastic gloves. Then switch modules and try. Then switch back to your original 256 module and try once more. Let us know what occurred.
In each case, try booting normally, then retry as a cold boot in Safe Mode. You repeatedly press the <F8> button as soon as yout press the on button to get to this SAFE MODE state. This will tell us a few things about what is happening, and whether a video graphics driver is involved.
Remember as much as you can about this "...program called virus heat..." with as much detail as possible as to what was said, and what you were doing at the time.
What is your security software? Antivirus. Antispyware? How is the computer used with what types of software.

Since you are new, I will tell you that it is best to make a subject that describes the problem- "Help" does not!

And when describing an error message, saying "something about" or "something like" or just plain "something" gives us nothing to work with1! The help you get is directly dependent on the information you give!

Did the anti-virus program notify you about 'virus heat'? Do you run security programs? There is a specific removal for Virus Heat but this will depend on what you have for security on your system.

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in its own folder, usually C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis. Please don't change the directory as it is necessary to create backups.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete post the log in your reply.
Do not attempt to fix any item yet.
Do not add anything to the ignore list.
Don't use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.

Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please attach the log into your next reply.
  • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

well the laptop is about 2 -3 years old. the memory was installed in one thing, not 2.

and i have spybot on it? its cam up with the searches,a nd i deleted the infected keys using regedit.

i think i have some trojan called zlob?

and whenever i try to delete the file, i either cant cos i dont have permission, or it comes up with this blue screen, with like memory dumping or something...

please help :(

Please follow the malware cleanup path that kritius has left for you.

You cannot just 'delete' a malware file and be done with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back