Help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people have a real dilema, on my home pc i installed a program thats at least 10-12yrs old figuring it would be backward compatible, No problems before the install but now it blue screens before windows loads to the desktop and i cant remove it, does anyone know how to remove it through dos prompt or any other method i can use?

Cheers

1) Have you tried starting and removing it in Safe Mode?
2) What make/model PC is it? What version of Windows is running?
3) You may also try go back to a system restore point before the program got installed

I tryed safe mode but its blue screening on that aswell, the pc is a mesh running windows xp, i would system restore it but i cant get a desktop.

Well i was going to use that next but i am unsure of what commands to use to remove it. That link helps though, getting to system restore :) What about just deleting the files, is there a string of commands you can use to just delete it from the directory?

Well i was going to use that next but i am unsure of what commands to use to remove it. That link helps though, getting to system restore :)
Not sure if i follow you. The link shows how to start System Restore when running Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Once System Restore is started, it'll prompt you for a date of a restore point

You could try deleting the program IF
> You know what you're doing (i.e. meaning you're certain of both what to delete AND know that you're deleting a critical component that will only cause a different BSOD)
> So proceed this approach at your own risk

That said you can see See [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]
> This will allow you to backup all your files before you proceed
> You can also have a friendly window interface (using Knoppix) to navigate through files and folders to remove things

In fact you might want to just delete (or rename) the entry that causes the program to start when windows starts.

> For program startups for your userid look in
C:\Documents and Settings\userid\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

> For programs that start regardless of userid look in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back