hijack This Log File 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadEyes

I have a friend whose home computer has issues so I had him download hijack this and send me the txt file in hopes that I can help fix what is wrong with his computer (with MAJOR help from this forum)
He sent it to me...I don't know what belongs and what doesn't so...please look over the log and offer any suggestions you may have on this.
Thank you in advance.
Sandi
SadEyes

hijack This Log File 2 - MMtask other errors

If the PC is left on for more than one day no matter what he tries to do on the computer it locks up and won't do anything - it causes error pop-ups.
When he tries to do a start menu shutdown and restart the computer because nothing will work a popup comes up saying that mmtask has caused an error and the only way for him to shut down the computer is to turn off the power.
From the time you do a restart of the computer or turn the power on it takes 20 minutes for the computer to reboot.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to help him with these issues?

Thanks
Sandi

The PC is probably fairly old. Clean all the dust out (do NOT use a vacuum cleaner!)
Do a chkdsk or scandisk, then defrag, clean temp. internet files, temp directory, uninstall unused programs.
That PC is probably overloaded with junk and games. W98 runs best with 256MB memory, no more. What are the specs (incl. the PSU)?

hijack This Log File 2 - PC Specs

The information he gave me was:

500MHz 64MB Dram 10Gig H/D 7.96 free space
It is an e-machine.

He found this file in one of the temp folders A~NSISu_.exe
I told him to delete the everything in the windows temp folders as well as in the temporary internet files.

Thank you for all of your help
Sandi

Hijack this Log - WC - New Log - Please help

I had my friend run the hijack this file while in safe mode as it should have been done in the first place, Can you look over this file and tell me if there are any errors etc?
Thanks
Sandi

Tell your mate to fix this line, the rest is OK.
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back