Hijack This log Popup Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

clff15701

A user at work brought me their laptop for me to take a look at. The computer runs extremly slow and seems to have every program under the sun loaded. The woman that owns the computer claims that it has a very bad popup problem. Here is the hijack this log. Can someone take a look at it for me? I know i need to prob run a virus scan and spyware scan.

Also getting anti virus 2009 scan. During spybot scan said it found Virtumonde like 102 entries. Any help?

Hi clff15701,

I just glanced at the log for all of 5 seconds and see some adware and definitely purityscan infection

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM log
2)SAS log
3)Hijackthis log (last step)

This thread is for the use of clff15701 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I'm probably going to reformat and do a fresh install. There are so many programs and so much stuff it would prob be easier. Thanks for offering to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back