HijackThis Log Analysis, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwyllie

I have a computer that at times seems to slow with excessive disk I/Os for no apparent reason. I ran a HijackThis log, which I've attached. If someone would be so kind as to take a look I'd appreciate it. I'm also having an issue in not being able to change my home page in IE7 to anything other than msn.com.

Thanks.

Hi,

Your log looks clean. However, your HijackThis version is not uptodate, and you have not renamed the executable file. You can obtain the latest version from the link in my signature. I would advise you to rename the executable then run a scan and paste a log again.

May I also suggest that you read this thread here on how to speed up your system.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of nwyllie only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks. I'll take the advice when I get home tonight. I'm suspecting the slowness is due to Norton issues. It's subscription is due and I plan on replacing it with Sygate Personal Firewall (last version before being bought out) and Avast or something free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back