Solved HiJackThis log question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilloz

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I ran the HiJackThis program. In my log, under the items 023, I show many files that either have "unknown owner" or (file missing) in the entry. All of the entries with (file missing) are in the system32 folder, but they are actually there. Why would the HiJackThis log show them as missing? Most of these files have both "unknown owner" and (file missing) within the same entry. What owner are they referring to? I am trying to make heads or tails with these entries. I picked these entries because a couple of the HiJackThis Log analyzers on the Internet advised me to fix or delete these entries. But I am very hesitant in doing this until I can get more information. Thanks

under the items 023, I show many files that either have "unknown owner" or (file missing)
Apparently, you're running 64-bit Windows version and HJT is not compatible with 64-bit.
It can't read 64-bit entries.
You're fine.
HJT is an outdated tool anyway and we don't use it around here anymore.

Thanks Broni for your reply. Best answer I have gotten to date. Yes, my machine is running 64 bit. I am curious, why isn't this program used much anymore? Is it unreliable besides being outdated? BTW, I am not having any problems with my computer, I just ran the HiJackThis program out of curiosity. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back