Hilighted words in emails and at websites???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I obviously have some problem certain words in my emails that contain "CAT" like loCATion, eBay, google, computer, pictures, etc.

Any advice on how to remove this possible virus? If it has a name I can do it through the hijack this fixing process right?

This is NOT a virus, but a (less intrusive) form of advertising. On this forum it helps pay the bills. If you don't like it, just don't hover your mouse over the underlined words, in other words, ignore them.

I understand highlighted text within a particular website the problem is it's even coming up in personal emails? If I mouse over them they are originating thru

http://toolbar.desktoptraffic.net/cgi-bin//ezlclk.fcgi?id=95

so there should be some way to remove it right?

I did read this somewhere
You may have noticed recently that you now see "extra links" underlined in yellow or highlighted in green or that when you click a link you get offered choices, "continue with original link", "follow this link" rather than your normal link presentation. Maybe even the underlined text to a banner doesn't match the banner in the slightest or you see random links appearing if you hover over parts of a page.

These are NOT coming from our site!
It simply means that
YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED WITH ONE OR MORE VIRII.

If you see yellow links or are offered several choices when you try to click on a link, your computer is infected with the Ezula Yellow Link Virus.

If you see a green highlighted link when hovering over a link, you have the Surf+ Green Link Virus.

Mine are green. As I read this I see computer, virus and emails highlighted but you probably don't? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I also just read

Note: Surf+ Green Link Virus makes Windows and Internet Explorer unstable. They will slowdown, crash and freeze easily. Pages will load very slowly, with many false 404 (Cannot Locate That Page) errors being generated

I hope that helps some as my computer is running way sloooowww :dead: since this mess occurred. I thought it was related to the begin2search toolbar which I successfully removed (thanks to you guys of course) but pop ups and slow computer are still a factor.
Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back