HIS 5770 - red light and 100% fan speed on power on

nissanman

Hi all.

Just bought my new HIS 5770 and received it today. However, i have decovered a small problem with it.

If i turn the computer off, and leave it off for awhile, then turn it back on. I get nothing on the screen. There is a red light on the video card just underneath the cooler that lights up red, and the fan spins at 100%.

However, if i turn the computer off, then back on again, the card works without a problem and runs games perfectly.

Why would the card be doing this? Is their an issue with these cards that i dont know about? I tried searching google and got nothing.

My specs:

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard
Phenom II x4 965 CPU
Corsair HX650W Power Supply.
Kingston HyperX 4gb ddr3 1600 ram.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan.

Edit: There are no artefacts, no discolouration, no strange things on the screen or anything. After the second power up, the card works exactly the way it should.

Ok guys. I think i may have fixed the problem. All i did was push power connections on the card and power supply in a little harder, wiggled them around and wiggled the card around in the slot.

I have done multiple shutdowns since i did that and everytime i power te system up, it comes on first time. I will post again if the problem reappears though.

In the meantime though, i have one more question. In about 2 weeks, i plan to get another 5770 and run them in crossfire. My question is, do i have to reinstall the video card drivers when i install the second card? (i have the latest 11.2 now), Or can i just pop the second card in, connect the crossfire bridge, enable crossfire in the CCC and itll work fine?

Sorry for the dumb question, its just this is my first time using a multi GPU setup.

Thanks.

Back