Hmmm my scan says I have 78 trojans! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
please be advised I have basic computer skills, as in I use a computer everyday at work and check emails etc but know NOTHING about the inner workings of it or how to fix my current problem!

I am clueless as to how to go about fixing this. I went on a website and all of the sudden I got a FILE DOWNLOADING window pop up and I could not cancel it. I've tried to run SEVERAL scans, from different sources. One of them stated 78 trojans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NO idea how to fix the problem. All I know is that spy sherrif and win fixer 2006 is now on my computer and it wasn't there before. Any time I try opening IE I get a message which says INTERNET EXPLORER HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. When i click on debut , any page that is open will immidiately close.

Now I've asked a friend to help me, and he sent me to topic 48906 (www.techspot.com/vb/topic48906.html. Is there a simpler way of fixing this problem? My IE wont stay open long enough for my computer to download what it needs in order to fix the problem!! I've also tried a system restore and that won't work either. I would try to reimage the damn thing but I don't have ANY of my microsoft office disc, windows xp disc so I pretty much can rule that option out!

Help!!!

Go into safe mode with networking (tap F8 just after start up,more HERE

If that works,first download a safer and better browser like Firefox or Opera Note :The online scans require IE.

Then,go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.Post an HJT.

When you`ve done that,make sure you read Spike`s thread about securing Windows.(Rule 1 :common sense)

And welcome to Techspot jma.I`m off :zzz: now.Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back