Homepage

prashidi

I was wondering what peoples homepages are. I tried to choose a site that corresponds to general news and is updated rather frequently. I have tried setting it to google, yahoo, reuters, lycos, my own site, news.com, alltheweb.com, but after a while they all seem to get boring. My resolution to this has been to change my homepage rather frequently. It would be ammusing and helpful to know what others have set their homepages to.

At one time I had my homepage set to 3dspotlight.com as well. But I have too much of a general desire regarding news (world news, computers, ... ) that I changed it after a while.

Currently mine is www.google.com . I had it as this board once but I didn't like it because the few times that I fired up IE and wanted to search something such as "Using Oxygen Isotopes to Model Global Climate Change" it would mark that I had been here and read the forums. So then when I did come back to the forums it showed less new posts than I wanted it to.
That was on the old boards where there were "show new posts since your last visit" so maybe the same doesn't hold true on these new boards, I haven't tried it yet.

By the way, if anyone needs a 5 page paper on "Using Oxygen Isotopes to Model Global Climate Change" I have one. I got an A on it to. The class I wrote it for was Bio 245 or something (Ecology).

Originally posted by lokem
about:blank :D

Agreed :) In IE and NS that is...

Originally posted by lokem
Anyway, if I really need a start page, that would be www.google.com :D

Ah, the genious of Opera... (has a built in textbox for googlesearching :))

As for hp's in opera... :
The Register
3dSpotlight Forums
3dSpotlight
Tom's Hardware
Anandtech
[H]ard|OCP
Rage3d
MURC

Takes some time to load, but it'll give most of the info I want... :)

If you fancy something more amusing:
www.theonion.com

Currently I have 3dspotlight forums as my homepage but previously I had http://news.bbc.co.uk/ and before that I had my web email ( mail.yahoo.co.uk ) as my homepage as that was generally the first thing I checked out when starting up a web browser.

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi

Ah, the genious of Opera... (has a built in textbox for googlesearching :))

Mozilla has that too! It alows you to choose from a couple of search sites to search from directly from the address bar. Just type in your query, press the DOWN arrow key and you'll see "Search Google for <query>" :D

MSN.CO.UK
I use it coz it gives a brief summary of the news, has a search engine, and lets you log into Hotmail

Back