Hooking a laptop to a TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbeaudet

hi. I hooked my Toshiba Satellite Laptop (model 1405-S151) up to my television. The Satellite has a standard hookup (like that of a TV, DVD player, etc.) where you just plug a standard video cable in and plug it into a TV. It worked, but for some reason, only the image of my desktop showed up. No icons or windows showed up. I'm just wondering if this is all that is supposed to happen, or if something is wrong, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I understand in which area are you talking about. That is a full-screen mode for secondary display which only display anything under 'fullscreen' i.e. presentation, background. In order to make both display the same (clone mode), you must go to your display setting :

right click, properties, setting, advanced,
monitor > TV > change setting
or go to intel / nVidia / ATI > Secondary display > Television

If you're using ATI or nVidia, it would be easier to set up clone mode than other Intel. However you still be able to change settings in Intel graphics menu page.

Good luck:)

thank for helping. For some reason it doesn't even work at all now. It worked yesterday, but not anymore. When I connect the cord, the TV screen flickers, but nothing is displayed but a blank screen. Maybe someone could help me with this now, for I cannot figure it out.

Thank you,
Chris

After connecting the TV, open the display properties page and tell Windows to use the second monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back