how 2 install a driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey can someone help me..i know its a stupid question but..i downloaded a driver for [TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B], because i cant burn any cd or dvd..it can reconise cd's n dvd's..but when i want to burn, it will tell me to insert an empty dvd or cd..

so i thought mayb i should update my firmware or something..i have downl the driver but its an .BIN file i dont know what to do with it..

can someone help this NOOB.. :bounce:

It doesn't need a driver - Everything you need is included in Windows.

You probably are having another issue, but firmware is a possibility.

.BIN is most likely firmware. You'll need a firmware update/flash utility. Your manufacturer should really have instructions about how to do it and what you use on their website.

.BIN files are normally binary files used for CD images or firmware. In order to update your firmware with the bin file, you'll need to search the website you got the software from for a flash utility. Normally you'll need to copy both the .BIN file and the flash utility to a DOS floppy and install from DOS. Check the website though as some manufacturors are becoming hip enough to flash from within windows.

im using nero 7..to burn my cd/dvd's..thnX u all for the quick reply..im know searching for a flash utility..mayb it will help i hope so

i found a flash utility and installed the firmware..but the problem still occurs..
dont know what to do..
tried to google but didnt found any solution for my problem..
when i go to MY COMPUTER the dvd-rw drive is shown as a cd drive type..WHat 2 Do what 2 do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back