How about a voice companion for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus_damascus

You know.. like from some movies, the computer that talks.. is there any (freeware) program that works like this?

thank you very much!

Also

Hi, is there any free utility that works as a text-to-speech for Yahoo messenger?

and is it possible to have a transmission of virus or worm during chat sessions?
and how can i make my pc secured from that? Is using ZoneAlarm and AVG is enough, with some antivirus and antispyware programs to run on demand?

BIG THANKS! :)

Any of the speech to text applications, like dragon naturally speaking, should be able to do text to speech as well.

Or if you have XP you can go to Start>>All {programs>>Accessories>>Accessibility, then choose Narrator.
That one is free and comes with windows :)

As soon as you connect to the Internet you are vunerable.Generally a firewall , antivirus , and spyware Apps are very secure.
Programs like Messenger have inherent weaknesses, and you should read up on them to protect yourself .
For example. in Messenger choose 'Do not allow Contact from people not in my Contacts list'
It is going to depend on balancing your "open exposure" against the need to protect yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back