How can I connect my PC to VCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

neowing

Hello ? Everyone.
I want to connect my own PC to VCR.
How can I do that.
I read many post but I don't know what do I need for connecting them.

I am using Windows XP
My processor is Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.533 GHz w/ 512K L2 Advanced Transfer Cache and 533MHZ FSB.
My computer's memory have 256 MB
I have 128MB NVIDIA ^TM GeForce4 Ti-4200 G with TV Out and DVI Graphics Accelerator.

What do I need for connecting ?
AND
I want to copy my video to DVD( I mean transfer to DVD)
As soon as possible, before my VCR break down.
And what program do I need ?

Please tell me
Step by Step.

your best bet if you are asking that question is to go out and buy a video card package, which will come with everything you need to get started, and will probably rob of you little more than a free PCI slot.

You will then be able to connect your video with proper leads (ask in shop) to your PC.

You will capture video to your hard drive as an mpeg file or something like that.

If this is any recent quality (make sure its mpeg-II quality) it will be about I guess 3 GB or so of disk space for one movie.

You then burn this file to your DVD.

If you want to play these DVDs on your DVD player, some DVD writing software like Roxio will be able to generate a disk like that for you.

In fact, its entirely possible that your video card package wil include such software with it.

Not all DVD disk formats are suitable for playing in dedicated players so try different brands if things don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back