How can I learn to hack constructively?

Envergure

I would like to learn how to hack things in a constructive way, legally and without risking damaging anything, but I don't know where to start. I figure it could be fun and a maybe useful skill.

Thanks
- Chris

Depends what you are 'hacking'. If its stuff online, I think that violates your legally clause. If you are talking physical things, then that violates 'without risking damaging'.

www.hackaday.com is a cool site you might want to check out.

I saw a book on Windows hacks once. The author's testimonial was that "if I knew thern, what I know now, I would never have gone to jail". I forget the exact name though, either the author, or the book.

hacking: generic derogatory term given to people that invade and alter software;

but what specifically do you mean by the term?
Learning to
  • fix software
  • change embedded options for your environment
  • bypassing password verification
  • ... you fill-in the blank ...

I would like to learn how to hack things in a constructive way, legally and without risking damaging anything, but I don't know where to start. I figure it could be fun and a maybe useful skill.

Thanks
- Chris
The irony is, that if you have to ask, you may not be good at it. I would think you'd have to learn several programming languages first. That should keep you busy for a while.

I would like to learn how to hack things in a constructive way

Guess I have to ask also: give us a 'for instance' what it is you think you want to do that isn't available through open source?

From my reading though, I thought 'hackers' were just born that way- they didn't need lessons!

Learning the way computer talk is the key to convince any machine to do anything.
o.gif

Wow Papa- big price comes with this course>>>>> Price US $ 3,795

I'll stick with tweaking- it works for me! Tweaking is on your own system, hacking is not. So I guess it depends on just what you want to do!

Yeah - it's fairly pricey but you can find better deals on it. Even with a good deal you'll be paying $#,### though.

Back