How do I close or delete my thread?

GN48

Hi everyone,
I've heard this before and was wandering if I could have the privilege to close or/and delete any of my threads I started. I know this can only be done by the Admins but I was wandering if I could have the ability to just close my own threads if I didn't want any more replies or maybe I just didn't like the thread I started. So I don't need to wait for the Admins to do it for me.

No, you can't.

You also have almost 20 thread going beginning 5 days ago. Many of the threads are related. Please try to focus you questions and include all the related material in the same thread.

No, you can't.

You also have almost 20 thread going beginning 5 days ago. Many of the threads are related. Please try to focus you questions and include all the related material in the same thread.

Besides replies that means similar to 'No, yo can't'.

And yes, I know Bobbeye. Are you one those Admins here?

Aw...

No, I'm not- and I can't close threads either.

Are you sure? because you seem to kinda act as 'I can do whatever I wish'.

Wish I had the privilege to close or delete my threads or reply!

Where are the admins anyway, how can you tell the difference between volunteers and the admins?

....how can you tell the difference between volunteers and the admins?

Well that's quite simple.
If after conversing with you for a couple of posts, you're told to "**** off you ******* ******* ****" then the person is a volunteer. An admin is likely to be much more tolerant.

Well that's quite simple.
If after conversing with you for a couple of posts, you're told to "**** off you ******* ******* ****" then it's a volunteer. An admin is likely to be much more tolerant.

I didn't know volunteers would be that aggressive! And what if they don't do that?

Again, you continue with useless dialogue! Yes, I am a volunteer- we are the ones who keep the boards running! And each of us has a certain amount of time to volunteer our services. When people like you continue to want to check the fat, in spite of being told we are busy, then it's taking out time to waste on you!

If you want this kind of interaction, use a chat room.

Very simply stated, the owner of this board decides who can close and/or lock threads. In spite of the work I do in the malware forum, I am not given this privilege.

Now, you have truly exceeded the number of my buttons you can push for a polite reply. How about stopping this nonsense now.

Looks like someone just got served. And thanks for keeping the forums clean, it is an important job :D

Again, you continue with useless dialogue! Yes, I am a volunteer- we are the ones who keep the boards running! And each of us has a certain amount of time to volunteer our services. When people like you continue to want to check the fat, in spite of being told we are busy, then it's taking out time to waste on you!

If you want this kind of interaction, use a chat room.

Very simply stated, the owner of this board decides who can close and/or lock threads. In spite of the work I do in the malware forum, I am not given this privilege.

Now, you have truly exceeded the number of my buttons you can push for a polite reply. How about stopping this nonsense now.

Hey! I'm just trying to familiar myself with techspot, okay? Just coz you've been here longer than I have, doesn't mean you can start something on me...

Yes I'll stop, until I familiar myself with techspot, I'm a newbie at forums, if you didn't know!

I've never ever been on any forum, And this here is the first forum I've ever been in in my whole life, okay?! Look, I don't really know all the concepts of a or any forum, just the basic; don't stick in swear words and threats, and all those basic bad things to do to a person. (except physically)

So if I'm right, this is what internet forums are like, people pick on you and bullies you, then I'll have to remind myself, the last forum I joined,I got picked on, I'm a useless, What was ever the use of joining a forum if I got picked on? If I had knowned this earlier before I joined this, I'd would never join it! Never ever join any forum of any sort! Plus, I would tell anyone else, who would want to join them, I'd tell them what happened to me! I'll tell them to think twice to join into any forum! Since I now know what it feels like to be in a forum.

So if this gets any worser; and I get more bullies in my blacklist, I'm going to stop coming here, and if I can, I won't login or be of any part at techspot!

Looks like, techspot, is going to lose another member, eh? :darth: :haha:

I'm Perfect, Are you..? (Keith Emerson...From ELP's Brain Salad Surgery)

The most important life lesson I've know I've haven't learnt is not to stick on the computer for too long. Tha's the only lif lesson I haven't learnt yet.
So, basically you're claim is that you, "know it all"?
It any event, you could possibly find that your excursions into attempting to apply the Socratic method to internet trolling might be more rewarding at a site such as; http://defamer.gawker.com/

Just a suggestion mind you, not a flame.

The most important life lesson I've know I've haven't learnt is not to stick on the computer for too long. Tha's the only lif lesson I haven't learnt yet.

Or you can do it the aussie way and say bugger .... and get on with it ;)

Back