How do I disable scrollbar textbox in File Explorer?

Hi, first time on here but I really had a question. I just noticed that when I was scolling manually in file explorer the other day, a textbox would pop-up next to it with a date and time of one of the files in the row, sometimes it's the filename.

I don't know if it's always been like that and just never noticed it but it's distracting and covers up files and pictures behind the box so can anyone tell me how to disable that, please?

Or tell me if it's normal and that I just never noticed it all this time.

Attachments

• 2017-05-06_LI.jpg
    2017-05-06_LI.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 2
But I've always had my viewing option set to icons when there's images and no problem. But I see the textbox goes away on the list option.

Is there no way to just get rid of the textbox when I scroll with my viewing set to icon?

Which version of windows are you running? My Win/7 doesn't behave as yours does.

I'm using Windows 10.

I also ran a scan through the Command Prompt and it show's there were corrupt files that it couldn't fix automatically, could that be the cause of the weird scrollbar textbox?

Unknown to me that corruptions produce your results. I'll have to bow out as I will never have win/10 experience.

Back