How do i get rid of these annoying pop ups!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, new to the site, and i really need some help. My machine at work in doign my head in to say the least! There are approximately 5 pop up ads which appear per MINUTE. In the morning i have to sit and close them all before i even open my works software.

I have tried ad-aware, this got rid of some stuff, but hasn't affected the pop-ups. I've got AVG on here too, nothing been picked up here. I also have spybot - it picks up a few but recently nothing, and even when i deleted these things it didn't help with the pop ups. i have tried free registry cleaners and nothing.

i have uninstalled all the unnecessary programs and deleted their threads from the registry myself.

i've even tried, painstakingly, to copy and paste all the pop-ups site addresses to my ignored lists etc etc and deleted everything i could find on my computer that shouldn't be there all to no avail.

i've also run hijackthis today and i will attach the log file for you to look at.

I'm losing the will to live and it will soon be hurtling to a very quick and painful death when i decide to throw it out of my fourth floor window.

PLEASE HELP!!!

hi peddant

i shall try this and see if it helps any, but i doubt it at the moment, as they pop up even ehen i dont have IE open on my screen!!

Any other help would be much appreciated, but thank you peddant!!

Michele

It`s Peddant with a capital P,actually.As for your problem,try this,http://www.trendmicro.com/spyware-scan/ It`s an online-spyware scan,with a good reputation.When it`s finished,tell it to remove any nasties.Even if it doesn`t find anything, you should still use Firefox instead of IE,as that will help prevent any further trouble.By the way,that scan requires IE (Active X don`tcha know).I can`t help you with the hijackthis log because I`m only a newcomer in training.

TURN OFF system restore, run your antivirus and anti trojan horse programs. You may need to use more than 1 type of anti trojan horse program.

Yeah, Admuncher may work, but it's a pain in the *** to uninstall. My taskbar somehow disappeared after I removed Admuncher, and I needed to do an SFC scan to get the necessary file back.

I know that the Proxomitron works on some ads; I barely see them anymore!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly. Don`t forget to rename HijackThis.exe to HijackThis1991.exe

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of mjm1084 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back