How do I speed up utorrent game downloading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnjc

i am using utorrent 2.0 to download games and its real slow with max downloading speed at 62kbps and max uploading speed at 52kpbs that i hav seen so far.

does anyone know how to possibly speed this up?

i have broadband and when i put it through a speed test online, it says :
download speed - 582kbps
upload speed - 633kbps
why cant i get speeds like that downloading my stuff from utorrent?
oh and im in nz btw if that helps.

can anyone please help me?

your download(upload) speed is dependant on whoever you're downloading(uploading) from. The max transfer speed is as fast as the slowest connection, so if their upload(download) speed is slower than yours, you are stuck with that speed.

ok thanks for that. also, after downloading for about 1.5 hours it said i hav used 6 gigs of internet already, but utorent had only downloaded like 100mb of the game. why is it like that???

Another thing to keep in mind. Your connection speed is 582 Kbps (kilobits per second). The speed in kilobytes (KB) is 582/8 = 72 KBps. Usually uTorrent shows speed in kilobytes and not kilobits.

ok thanks for that. also, after downloading for about 1.5 hours it said i hav used 6 gigs of internet already, but utorent had only downloaded like 100mb of the game. why is it like that???

You have to consider upload and other internet activities as well.

ok thanks for replies.

uploading is for other people so they can download the game from me right?

if so, is uploading necessary? because i just want to download the game for myself. or do i have to download and upload the whole game fully in order for it to work?

nnjc its ok for us to help you will the utorrent software but when you tell us what your doing with it we cant help you any longer. but yea you do need to upload until your done downloading

There are numerous videos on youtube that may help increase your download speed. just do a general search on how to improve torrent download speed and find some decent videos which show you how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back