How many USB ports do you use?

How many USB ports do you use?

• Total voters

hopgop1

Was just thinking, how many USB ports do you guys use? I would imagine more than the average user as I suspect that members of a technology forum wouldn't use the same as the average user. If possible I would like to know what you use the ports for in the comments, personally I use 6, one for my mouse, one for my webcam, one for my speakers, one for keyboard's USB hub (which I never use), one for my wireless xbox controller receiver for PC and one for my iPod cable. My keyboard is PS/2 for the actual keyboard part, if you were wondering. Thanks!

Mouse, keyboard, webcam, XBox 360 controller, Logitech G27, WooAudio WA7, sometimes I swap out portable hard drives and thumb drives and occasionally plug in a custom joystick for playing SSF4AE... and that's just for my gaming rig.

Wireless mouse
wireless kb
ups connection
usb 3 external hd
printer
usb 3 flash drive currently

Until I did some reconfiguring a bit ago I was also running an external hd on usb 2, but now that has been shifted to eSATA (old esata external enclosure failure and laziness is what had me running on 2.0 for a while).

Stink'n laptops are limited (my dell has 2 USB 1.* and 1 USB 2.0)
Dislike the trackpad, so I use a wired mini-mouse.
The dell is also sans Bluetooth, so I use an IOgear adaptor.
The third goes to the printer - - thus a full house :sigh:

When I need the ext-HD, it borrows the printer slot. I could use a BT mouse (and have one), but it eats batteries and I save it for presentations.

Stink'n laptops are limited (my dell has 2 USB 1.* and 1 USB 2.0)
Dislike the trackpad, so I use a wired mini-mouse.
The dell is also sans Bluetooth, so I use an IOgear adaptor.
The third goes to the printer - - thus a full house :sigh:

When I need the ext-HD, it borrows the printer slot. I could use a BT mouse (and have one), but it eats batteries and I save it for presentations.
When I used my old Acer laptop it had only 2 USB 2.0 ports, I later broke one of the ports and I had to use a USB hub plugged into a USB hub for most of the time I used it!IMG-20140312-00175.jpg

Mouse, KB. Optional GoPro/mobile/memory stick or webcam

SteamBox is: x360 receiver, unifying receiver. Optional SNES gamepad or memory stick.

My Vaio laptop has 3 USB's. 1 for mouse & the other 2 for USB flashdrives when needed.
My W7 tower has 1 in front which I'll never use, but I think there are 4 in back. One of which goes to a USB hub that has 7 USB's.Mouse,KB & whatever else might be needed . :)

Keyboard and mouse, use the front ports ocasionally for flash drives, external hdd and/or connecting my phone to the computer (Since it has OTG support this has actually happened like 3-4 times since December for rooting purposes). So... I always have 2 plugs used and another ocasionally.

One for mouse
Two for keyboard because it provides a USB port on the keyboard
One for printer
One for monitor - it provides 2 USB ports as well which I use for 2 strips of LED backlighting
Two in use on monitor
One to connect to my solid-state Fender Mustang guitar amp. Software sound modeling.
8 in total always used, 6 ports free on computer (4 of them front panel), one on keyboard
occasionally plug in a USB hard drive (holds more than a flash drive)
occasionally plug in tablet to transfer files to it

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Logitech G100
2. Razer Naga
3. Razer Orbweaver
4. Keyboard (Power)
5. Keyboard (Audio)
6. Logitech T650 Touch pad
7. Xbox 360 Wired Controller
8. Logitech 3D Extreme Joy Stick
9. Line 6 UX1 Interface
10. Seagate External Harddisk
11. Wacom Intuos Pro Medium
12. Reserved (Thumb Drive)

Currently three on my Main:
  1. Keyboard
  2. Mouse
  3. Thumb Drive
And two on my Notebook:
  1. Mouse
  2. External HDD
I have several other USB devices that are not always connected. They share the same additional ports when wanted.

Currently three on my Main:
  1. Keyboard
  2. Mouse
  3. Thumb Drive
And two on my Notebook:
  1. Mouse
  2. External HDD
I have several other USB devices that are not always connected. They share the same additional ports when wanted.

But I need more, Because I've scanner and portable sound system....

Back