How reliable are recertified/refurbished and toshiba hard disks?

T

tantrik

Processor: Intel Core i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
Motherboard: Asus H81M-E
Memory: Transcend 2GB DIMM DDR3 1333 MHz (Channel B)
Undefined 2GB DIMM DDR3 1600 MHz (Channel A)

Dear friends,

In my place recertified and refurbished western digital and seagate hard disks are available. These hard disks possess around 1-2 years of warranty depending on volume size but their prices are significantly lower than their original counterparts (seagate barracuda or western digital blue/black). How reliable and durable are these hard disks compared to their original equivalents?

Also there are toshiba hard disks with similar warranty periods and prices considerably lower than both seagate and western digital hard disks? How reliable and durable are toshiba hard disks compared to western digital and seagate hard disks?

Many years back I used a 80 GB western digital black hard disk which lasted closely to 5 years and then later used a 160 GB seagate barracuda hard disk which lasted for around 3 years and 8 months. Never used a recertified/refurbished and toshiba hard disk before. It would be great if anyone having or not having any kind of experience or expertise with such hard disks would share their views and thoughts here.

Thanks in advance.

Hi I have Toshiba laptop that will soon be 7 years old. The Hard drive is still going strong.

Back