How to fix Dell GX280 amber blinking problem? M/B or PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

I have read a couple of articles about the same problem. Mine is a little different situation. Everytime the amber light is blinking on the power button, I pull all cords like monitor, speaker, and etc out of the wall outlet except the power supplier. It works everytime. As soon as the cords are out, the amber light become a green right.

This why I am confusing to find a problem. Do you think it is a M/B problem or Power supply problem?

If PSU made the problem, I would like to replace the whole case as normal tower style. I look up a couple of cases on ebay but the back side of the case, in which all connectors like monitor,USB, and printer on M/B are, does not match with an original M/B shape.
Anyone has an experience with replacing a case?

the 280 had to be the worst case design ever. you can test your power supply with a tester from a cpu shop. I havent had success doing the case swap on any dell. have not tried the 280

Usually a Reinstall of Windows from a cold boot takes care of the problem. It is not a power supply issue, but rather a setup issue... Run your BIOS update, then reinstall the chipset and the other drivers... goes away nearly every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back