How to Record audio on Windows 10 w/o a Mic?

By RBKTitan
May 27, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Hi. Thanks for reading my post.

I desperately need to be able to record sounds onto my Windows 10 machine, without the use of a microphone. I have several times done so on my phones, but I need to obtain evidence and the individual in question would be expecting that.

I cant use a mic, as I dont have one, but also, it would be obvious.

I googled this and several results came back for recording what you hear through the speakers, but nothing along the lines of recording a conversation in near proximity of the laptop.

Are there any software packages that would support this? Are there any built-in functions W10 has that Im just not aware of?

This is an EXTREMELY urgent matter. Im desperate.. Please help.

Thanks.

PS
    I also need it to not be obvious, or be able to be hidden from the screen. minimizing would be fine, but I need something thats inconspicuous.

2. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,448   +145

You can't record sounds without a microphone?

3. OptimusKenny

OptimusKenny TS Rookie

1. It is not possible to record sounds without a mic.
    2. Laptops usually have a built-in mic, so just just head over to your system tray, right click the small speaker symbol and select "Recording devices". If you indeed have a built-in mic it should turn up there and you can use it to record your badguy as it is literally unspotable.