How to remove adware Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I need help fixing a problem I have on my computer is driving me crazy. I bought 3 different programs (Mcafee, PC-cillion and Ghost Surf) and none have been able to help me. Well, they did a bit but there is still something on this computer that it is not picking up. My background is all black with this big maroon box in the middle that says "WARNING! Your computer might be infected by spyware..." and so on and so forth . On the bottom right hand side near the time, there is 2 icons that I know are not normal. One is a cirle with a ! mark in the middle (!) <- kind of like that and the second one is a triangle with a ! too /!\. The triangle/circle pops up a separte window saying "Critical System error". I have gathered enough information to know that this is spyware. When I click on the message that comes up on the bottom near the icon it takes me to adware sheriff. That seems to say alot however I know that there is another one just like it in my computer since there are 2 icons.
Anywayz, I have downloaded Ewido and spyware doctor and it still manages to come back. The spyware doctor was able to get my background back but the windows still popped up. After I restarted the computer, my background went right back to the way it was before (with the warning background). So please someone help me out and thanks in advance. I attached a picture of my desktop so you would be able to see what I see.

Tedster said:
read the sticky on removing spysherriff.

I have the same problem, but there is no Sysherrif or Spyfalcon installed on the PC under Control Panel. just the annoying pop ups and Background

faith_01 said:
Hi, I need help fixing a problem I have on my computer is driving me crazy. I bought 3 different programs (Mcafee, PC-cillion and Ghost Surf) and none have been able to help me. Well, they did a bit but there is still something on this computer that it is not picking up. My background is all black with this big maroon box in the middle that says "WARNING! Your computer might be infected by spyware..." and so on and so forth . On the bottom right hand side near the time, there is 2 icons that I know are not normal. One is a cirle with a ! mark in the middle (!) <- kind of like that and the second one is a triangle with a ! too /!\. The triangle/circle pops up a separte window saying "Critical System error". I have gathered enough information to know that this is spyware. When I click on the message that comes up on the bottom near the icon it takes me to adware sheriff. That seems to say alot however I know that there is another one just like it in my computer since there are 2 icons.
Anywayz, I have downloaded Ewido and spyware doctor and it still manages to come back. The spyware doctor was able to get my background back but the windows still popped up. After I restarted the computer, my background went right back to the way it was before (with the warning background). So please someone help me out and thanks in advance. I attached a picture of my desktop so you would be able to see what I see.
Hi there, did you find a cure for this. I have the same problem

58ghostdog said:
I have the same problem, but there is no Sysherrif or Spyfalcon installed on the PC under Control Panel. just the annoying pop ups and Background
it could be the spyaxe virus as well.

faith_01 said:

I'm having the same problem as Faith01 has described above
I just cannot get rid of the 2 icons (i) /i\ in the system tray. Every 30sec one of these icons (i) expands to declare:

"Spyware infection detected!"...blah blah blah

and upon clicking the speech bubble takes you to the webpage www.topadwarereviews.com which advertises Spysherrif and associates programs for purchase.

The second icon /i\ creates a pop up window which declare that there is:

"System error: Spyware intrusion detected" blah blah blah

and again upon clicking OK takes you to the webpage www.topadwarereviews.com which advertises Spysherrif and associates programs for purchase

I have followed all the instructions here and on many other forums, searched on my PC for said files mentioned in these forums and they are not found.
Installed Ad-Aware SE Personal, Spybot search and destroy, MS Antispyware beta, spydoctor etc... all which cleaned loads of crap up but just not these 2 last annoying pop ups

This is doin my head in...besides this the PC running fine but I'm not happy just leaving it, last resort is to reinstall XP and I don't really want to do that unless I really have to.

Anyone got a solution?????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back