How to update my bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hellow everyone, good day glad to be one of the member of this site, since it is my first post hoping that it will be responded.
i just had a problem on my pc.IT CAN'T BOOT UP, ive just check all the ide cable, memory cards, video cards power supply and i think it works fine. but the problem is the power and hdd lights doesnt flash.
one of my friend advice me to update my bios, but how can i update the bios if the pc doesnt boot up? can anyone plz help me on this problem hoping for your fast reply. by the way this is the specification of my motherboard:

BIOS Date: 12/15/04
BIOS Type: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
BIOS ID: 12/15/2004-KT600-8237-6A6LYE1FC
OEM Sign-On: KT600-A Ver:1.2C 12/15/2004
Chipset: VIA 82C3189 rev 128
Superio: ITE 8705/SiS 950 rev 3 found at port 2Eh
CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) 1800 Mhz MAX: 3000 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
BIOS ROM Size: 256K
Memory Installed: 512 MB
Memory Maximum: 3072 MB
Memory Slot 01: 0 MB
Memory Slot 02: 256 MB
Memory Slot 03: 256 MB
ACPI Revision: Unknown

if any one has an bios update and the instruction on how to update the bios pls send me its my pleasure thnx and more power!!

Your friend may have meant to 'reset' the BIOS. Even if he didn't: do it. Unplug the pwr. cord. Take off the side of the P.C. Carefully remove the 3v battery and wait about 30 seconds. Replace it. (leave the side off). Plug it in and try it out. Updating the bios is something that you only want to do to improve some aspect of how your computer performs. If it is working (or was working) a bios update is not what you need to do. If anything has been done to your machine just prior to the problem, consider reversing it. (If it's a hardware item). Take out one ram module and try. (Because it's there and you can). A dead stick could do this. Check both pieces. Are the fans coming on? Does it act "dead"? No nothing, nowhere? Reply.

is this a new build that you haven't got to work yet? or is it an older machine that suddenly stopped working?

updating the BIOS would only help if the CPU wasn't recognized by the older BIOS.

you say you checked the cables, memory, video card, and PSU... but how did you verify they are good if your PC won't boot up. did you try them in another machine? if you didn't then any one of them could be the culprit.

if not, then the first component you should check is the PSU. unplug it from everything inside the case and use a jumper wire to short out pins 14 and 15 (green and black) on the main 24-pin power connector. the PSU should turn on. (once it turns on, turn it off quickly with the rear PSU switch or by unplugging it). if it doesn't turn on then your PSU is bad.

good luck :wave:

thanks for the responce guys i really appreciate it
@pdyckman@comcas
well ive tried what you have advice me to do but it seems it doesnt work, ive bought a new bios battery and replace the older one and yet it has the same problem, the fans are working fine my friend.

@KingCody
well the PSU are working fine i just bought it and tested on to my other computers and it works fine

guys i really appreciate your patience on me, hoping that you will come up with another remedy on my problem, thanks and more power to all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back