How would I install my ATI Radeon Card from my old computer into my new one??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to the whole computer building thing, but I need help with something. Righ now my newly built computer has a X800 (I didn't put it in) but everything else is right on! My older computer has a ATI radeon 9600 and its video just rips apart the X800. So I was wondering what do I have to do to switch the 9600 from my old one and replace the X800 in my new one. Basically this is a card swap between my two Computers 1 mainly used for internet and writing and such the other being an extreme game machine. Except it has the bad card. If anyone could help me I would appreciate a lot.

your 2 cards have a different bus interface. the x800 should outperform the older 9600, assuming it is taking ful advantage of the new pci interface. if your new mobo has an agp slot, go for it. otherwise, forget about it.

that can be casued by cruddy drivers, and the card being plugged into a slower bus on your mobo. try giving some more info on your system that would be helpful.

Please ID your motherboards and CPU's for both systems. The X800 should really rock compared to the 9600. It ought to since it's about 3 times the price! But I'll trade you if you don't like it ;)

Keep this line open. I'm curious about how it all works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back