HP wireless mouse gitters

Xclusiveitalian

Ever since I purchased my new HP desktop a year ago my mouse has done random lagging which can be extremely annoying when playing games.

It doesn't always lag but when i move the mouse it might do a quick freeze-skip. I figured it might be because it is wireless so i moved the usb transmitter into one of the front usb slots of my pc but the problem still occurs.

I bought the HP desktop online from hp and it came with wireless mouse and keyboard. The keyboard never lags.

Is there anyway to fix it, and if i buy a new wireless mouse will it solve my problem?

I actually dont have a standard non-wireless mouse, but I do hav a different non-hp wireless mouse I purchased like 2 years ago.

wireless mice

There are many reasons why a mouse might behave the way you describe. The most likely explanation is either wireless interference of some sort or a defective mouse. It sounds like you've already taken steps to make sure the signal isn't being blocked by any materials.

Try unplugging all of your wireless devices and see if the problem still exists. If so, it doesn't matter whether the wireless interference is from something outside of your control or whether the mouse is just weak/broken - you'll need a new mouse.

Make sure to get a quality wireless mouse (2.4GHz wireless) next time, and this shouldn't happen.

I actually dont have a standard non-wireless mouse, but I do hav a different non-hp wireless mouse I purchased like 2 years ago.
Borrow one or something.
Make sure sure you have mouse acceleration off.

Not sure if this applies but is worth checking.... as i've sometimes seen what appears to be lag or a sluggish mouse only to find it was due to the dust needs to be cleaned from the mouse optical/laser lens

Not sure if this applies but is worth checking.... as i've sometimes seen what appears to be lag or a sluggish mouse only to find it was due to the dust needs to be cleaned from the mouse optical/laser lens

When I first did this it actually helped but then after awhile i noticed the problem re-occurring. I generally slap my mouse against my mouse pad and it works good after that for a-while lol I moved the usb to the mouse back into the back of my desktop because i realized it doesn't help and takes up a usb. It looks like im definitely going to have to get a new mouse sometime.

I actually looked up alot of mouses online but so many disappointed me being to small and/or having strange scroler movements. im going to have to go to the store and get one with the 2.4 ghz like ThomasW said.

Thanks everyone for replying i appreciated your advice, wish i could of saved this mouse i guess ill keep it as a back-up just in case.

also Sorry for not replying in a while, a tornado actually knocked out power in NYC for me for my entire weekend then I had a nice long week of class with tons of hw!

Wireless mouse

Never really had any problems with wireless mice, aside from when the battery starts to get low, best I've used is a Microsoft Optical Wireless 2.0. But the thing I have found makes more difference to how it works, is the colour of the mat. A plain colour is best, I use a white mat from IKEA, fixed to the table with double-sided tape.

I bought a new mouse and the problem still occurred and then i realized it wasn't a 2.4ghz one, for some reason i thought it said it was... I was wondering, would a weak small magnet which lies between the mouse and usb receiver disrupt the connection? (the desk has a small magnet connected to it and you can close the door where the tower is)

Back