html IE icon problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

satnone

P4 3GHz.. 1GB ram.. windows 2000 server

anybody know whats goin on here?? ive searched the internet and tried everything for 3 days now...

untitled.jpg

i can change the file association and it will show the new icons... but if i put it back to IE all i get is the generic no association icons... ive tried reinstalling IE also... along with all sorts of other obvious things i tried... so if anybody has any (more advanced i guess i should say) ideas please let me know...

You need to go 1 step further, in that association, you also need to change the matching ICON.
In Explorer, click on Tools/Folder Options/File Types/
Scroll down to HTM, click on it and select Advanced.
On the next screen select Change Icon and Browse to \program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Pick an icon from there.
Repeat this for HTML

i fixed it :)

if anybody comes across this thread with the same problem this is what u need to do

its a problem that happens to some people.. programs add a key to the registry that changes the default icons.. in this case it was GoLive

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shellex\iconhandler

is the key that refers to

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}

which has this key

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}\Old Icon\htmlfile\DefaultIcon

which has an invalid path or something.. u can either fix the path.. or just delete

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shellex

all together.. which is what i did.. u really dont need it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back