I am having some issues with my XFX Radeon HD 5870

in a safe mode every thing is ok but when I swich there nothing in the screen just black and some times all the screen is in a blue color with lines , I have my card since 3 month ago and I use a 850 watt power supplie from corsair , today a put a new card and there was no isues , I dont kwnow what to do, i need help

Hi Manuel,

Was the "new card" also a 5870? If so then maybe your card is broken. If not then you could try what I did to fix a similar issue I had with a 5850 card.
Windows would boot but it would always be blank in normal mode and the card's fan seemed to be running full speed. What I found was that while the Windows desktop resolution was set to the monitors native resolution (1920x1200) nothing was displayed. If I went into safe mode or low resolution mode (option in Vista boot menu) it displayed without error.

I thought at first some of the memory chips on the card were damaged but removing the drivers, running driver sweeper and then installing the latest drivers (currently 10.7 or 10.7a beta if you are playing StarCraft2 to enable AA and another related fix). After that it was working again without any problem. Seems like something with the driver had gone wrong.

Back