I can not totally get rid of this Trial Program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

starvista9

I installed a GIF creator program a few months ago and I thought I got rid of it for good. I found a new version of the same program and I want to try it out. After I installed the newer version, I get a message saying the "Trial Limit " has expired, and it wont let me use the new version or the old version.

How does my computer know I had the old version , I un-installed it months ago. I think the remains of the old program are hiding somewhere but I can't find out where.

Is the old program hiding in the registry ? If so how do I delete it from the registry ?

Yes, it still has entries in the registry.

Uninstall the newer version of the software.

Then go to start -> run -> regedt32 or regedit. Then right click on My Computer at the top left inside the regedit window and Export. Save that somewhere. That is a backup of your registry now incase something goes wrong or you delete the wrong registry entries.

Now go to the edit menu and go to find. Type in the name of the program and hit enter. It will come up with a result, see if it looks like the program you had installed, if so delete it. Hit F3, it will find the next entry, repeat the first step (make sure it is the program in question then delete). Repeat until you have extinguished all entries with that program name.

Then repeat the above steps but replace program name, with the company that made it.

Once you have convinced yourself you've cleaned it up. Reboot your computer and then install your newer version.

Post back if you have any questions.

Thanks , that worked. I installed a Registry cleaner as well and I went to use it today and that now is expired. Luckily there is a new version. I un-installed the old version and tried to install the newer registry cleaner but I get an error message saying my trial has expired. I did what you said and removed all the traces in reg and I even deleted the empty folder that remained in Program Files and the setup files in my download folder and emptied the Recycle bin. But this reg cleaner is harder to find than the GIF animator.

I trying to completely remove all traces of RegSupreme V1.1 and replace it with the newer version RegSupreme V1.2 I checked their website for Support and they said they do not put anything in the registry. If they don't put anything in the registry than why can't I use the new version of the program.

Where else could RegSupreme be hiding on my PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back